Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Flowers

Unlike my parents, I have never had a green thumb. I just don't enjoy digging in the dirt, getting my fingernails black, and sweating in the hot sun. Dirt has such a musty smell to it! But, I am a pushover when all the flower marts start reducing their prices. I usually wait until school is over before I plant in the whiskey barrels, garage window planter, and across the large back window. Sunday, Tom and I ended up at Home Depot in Woodbury and they had some gorgeous plants....with good prices....so we both bought some. I don't like starting out in early, early spring with tiny little plants that haven't any blooms yet. So when I see something fully blooming like this, I have a hard time resisting. I actually got this gorgeous basket at the St. Paul Farmer's Market for only $15 and I can only hope it stays blooming all summer. Isn't it pretty?

1 comment:

  1. very nice, i love that about ecuador, that there are always flowers you can buy that are already bloomed, although once in awhile i wish i could start from scratch!

    ReplyDelete