Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankfulness


It's here again. Another Thanksgiving Day. It is a wonderful time to reflect and be grateful. I find my life in these later years seems to be flying by. I hope I will take more time to really be thankful. Things seem to bombard me sometimes, especially lately. But, when all is said and done, life is good. I have kids I love dearly, and most importantly, I think, is that they care about each other. My grandchildren are truly awesome in my eyes. I adore them even if I don't get to see them that much. I am really looking forward to seeing everyone today. Hailey and Hannah will have changed and grown and will make me so proud. My family.....it is the thing I really cherish most in my life. I probably don't seem to show it so much, but I think the girls know. I am trying to keep a lower profile these days and not be the overbearing mom that seemed to overview their growing up years. I have every confidence that they are young women with smart heads on their shoulders and that they will make good, solid decisions in their lives. I just hope and pray they will understand how much they mean to me and how proud I am of them.


Today as we eat bountifully and enjoy each other's company, I pray that God will continue his blessings to us. I pray that we will tell Him just how thankful we are for those blessings. Life is hard. No one has ever claimed it is easy. He will lead us and comfort us and help us through when we feel overwhelmed. The thing is......we really do have it good. There are so many others in the world who are really suffering. There are earthquake victims who have not recovered. There are people who are living with diseases....cholera is flourishing again and cancer is still beyond the cures needed. Evil seems to have penetrated all corners of the world, but there is plenty of goodness, too. Friendships are important and we have good ones. I want to tell these people today that I love them: Tom, Mom, Bob, Kari, Andres, Agustin, Kas, Amy, Brian, Hannah, Hailey, Jennie, Kim and Kristin. I am, also, thankful that Dan and I can remain civil to each other for the sake of our family. May our spirits recognize the goodness out there and really appreciate each moment of precious life that we are given!

1 comment:

  1. I, for one, am thankful for the "overbearing" mom we had growing up. You were always there for us, for sure, but I think that made the growing up part sooooo much easier. I really feel like I had it easy - like I knew all the right answers and when/how to make them when I needed to, and I am sure that is because of you!

    We love you. Don't change!

    ReplyDelete