Sunday, November 14, 2010

Trees will be the death of me yet























Trees, trees, trees. They give us shade. They are beautiful when their leaves change color in the fall. They enhance landscapes.


However.....there are times when they are such a pain. Just this year I have had these tree mishaps. One fell near my woodpile at the lake...and luckily, missed the polebarn. Then, recently when the wind was crazy, I had a dead tree branch fall from the tree in the back of the cabin and take out my power line and damage my meter mast (which required a licensed electrician to fix). The latest was during the night Friday/Sat. morning when we just had this new heavy snowfall. I woke up to lots of creaking and noises around my house. My new siding isn't even finished yet. The big, gigantic pine tree in the back of the St. Albans house lost about 8-10 large, heavy branches. Several fell on my phone line, against my house (don't know yet if they already damaged my new siding...which is one day old there) and a huge limb fell on my roof and who knows if there is a hole or damage there?! My insurance company is already threatening to cancel me and raise my rates because of the last claim. What is going on with me and trees? (There were also two large limbs that fell from the boulevard tree in my front yard and a larger one from my neighbor's tree in her yard. I was actually a little nervous to walk out into the street for fear a branch would let loose and fall on my head killing me!)









No comments:

Post a Comment