Monday, March 21, 2011

CONTINUING ON.......

Since I've been away from blogging for over two months, I decided that since I'm on spring break, maybe I could do some catching up.





My last post was about not being able to muster up the courage to throw away two house plants that were still "hanging on by a thread". So here's the catch-up on that one:





I finally couldn't take it any more. The plant that I liked the most kept holding on to one pretty flower blossom for months, started looking sicker and sicker. The flower faded and dropped and so did huge sections of leaves. It was deown to one piece that was still alive, but the rest was not good, so I DID finally pack it off to the trash. It was hard to do, tho, I will admit, because people had been advising me that I could cut it back, and then in spring, it would start to come back to life and bloom, etc. Well, I couldn't muster up the patience for that, so off it went.





But, surprisingly, the other plant.....and the one, by the way, that I had fully expected to kick the bucket first......has started to look pretty nice and is blooming again. It is still pretty gangly and spindly, but it has lots of flower buds and blossoms coming out. I will probably hold onto it and throw it outside eventually to see if it will survive. Problem is: Now I am just reinforced that sometimes it's okay to hang on to stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment