Friday, September 3, 2010

Minnesota Nice











Tom and I went to the Fair on Wednesday. The weather was perfect with no humidity. It was a great day for people watching and that's one thing we do well. Tom was asking about how people figure out which "costume" they are going to wear. It's true....We saw lots of old grannies (older than me even) with the sprayed and sparkly goofy hairdos. At least they are having fun, huh? We didn't get there until 2. First thing, I got my free Kare 11 backpack...it only took 7 minutes in a line that started a block away. We made an effort to watch our calories, and shared stuff, but my favorite was still the cheese curds and the corn. I enjoyed seeing the famous local celebrities....Joe Souchery and Dave Dahl, Amelia and Frank from channel 4. We watched the Amateur talent show and saw some great acts. Lots of walking and sitting, but a very enjoyable time. We enjoyed walking the Midway at night with all the lights, too.

1 comment:

  1. Love the night picture.
    Yes, we were there at night for Carrie Underwood and got to listen to her concert while walking around...pretty cool :-)

    ReplyDelete