Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Modern conveniences

Kari and Andy left on Sunday the 15th of August. Tom was aware that I have a hard time saying goodbye and that I am preoccupied most of that travel day thinking about them riding for long hours in airplanes and making connecting flights, etc. (Even though they are definitely pros at it by now.) So....he suggested we go on a Sunday drive. We invited Mom and Bob and they jumped at the opportunity. We drove down to Lake City and Lake Pepin and then to Wabasha. We came home on the Wisconsin side. One of the stops we made was in Pepin to see this log cabin. It is the birthplace of Laura Ingalls. It was pretty cool thinking about her family actually living here, esp. after all those years watching Little House on the Prairie. I know, however, that even though it would have been a much simpler life, it was probably a hard one, too. I personally would miss my computer, internet, tv, cell phone, car, digital camera, and most of all, my indoor bathroom! Every now and then, something like this helps me reflect and put life today into perspective. That is when I can stop complaining and say a little prayer of gratitude.

1 comment:

  1. Great pic. I'd love to see that someday, looks just like how I imagined it.

    ReplyDelete