Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Hudson Animals

This is one of the reasons Tom loves having two dogs. They play tug with each other and he is "off the hook". The addition of Pink to the family has given Jackson a playmate. They grab one end of the rope and start pulling against each other, growling and tugging as hard as they can. It is actually kind of comical and very cute. They even do this with chew toys, like bones, and sometimes get real up close and personal with the object . For instance, if the bone is six inches long, they have a couple of inches in each mouth and only one inch in between. All in all, I think they are becoming good friends and enjoy each other's company.....when they are not being jealous and vying for adult attention. I know one thing. They love me when I come around and I, too, am glad I no longer am required to be a "tuggee".




Whenever Tom brings me to his home in Hudson, I can usually expect to see deer. The valley behind his house is full of them. They are usually in groups, sometimes as large as 20 of them together. It is usually more like 5 or 6. I love to look out the back windows to try to see shadows lying in the sumac where the does or their young are resting. There are always lots of trails in the snow and when they aren't in plain sight, it makes a person wonder where they are because you just know they are there. Kyle buys bags of corn from Fleet Farm to encourage them to stick around and they often come right up to their deck area to graze. It can be very fascinating.








No comments:

Post a Comment