Monday, January 3, 2011

Mall of America




It seemed pretty ironic to me that I waited to go to the Mall of America until after Christmas, but I wanted to get the movie Wizard of Oz for the Ecuador grandsons and I knew I could find it there at a store called FYE. So on Dec. 26, Tom and I decided to go to the MOA. Parking was a bear. We ended up on the top floor of the ramp and there were guys directing traffic, etc. Maybe most normal people would turn around and go home, but we trudged on with our plan. The Mall was full of people, too, although my particular store was a walk in-walk out type situation (whew!). The Christmas decorations and two giant trees were beautiful, so I took a couple of pictures. The other picture is about the technology that surprised me out there.
Guess I really don't know if I understand all the differences between mp3players, ipods, iphones, ipads, itouch phones (?), but anyway, while eating in the food court, I noticed this little kiosk for the first time ever. I didn't realize that if my regular cell phone battery goes dead, there is a spot at the mall where I can "hook up" for power. It was a SAMSUNG t-mobile plug in and that was surprising to me. I actually have a phone that fits that description, so if I am ever high and dry without power at the MOA, I have hope and shouldn't despair.
That is.....unless someone else has beaten me to it and there are no open spots. Sigh....


1 comment:

  1. Greatest idea right?! They have those charging stations everywhere in Vegas and at the airports. Smart idea

    ReplyDelete